Spring Is the Best Time to Start Updating Your Outdoor Area
Spring is the perfect time to start creating or updating your outdoor landscaping and entertainment area.
Have you always wanted an outdoor living space but don’t know where to start? We have helped many homeowners highlight their landscaping, create outdoor kitchen areas and install hot tubs as well as pool lighting safely. Check out Exact Electric’s Outdoor Lighting Projects today!
- Remember a little light can go a long way.
- Walk around your yard at night and think about what you want to accomplish. Write down specific purposes needed such as lighting a path for safety and ease of use. For instance, consider incorporating lighting into countertops (above or below). Also think about the areas where you want to create a particular ambiance and aesthetic, such as heat lamps or a fire pit.
- If you would like help designing your outdoor living space or want to understand more about your outdoor lighting options, ask your electrician for examples of work they have done or for a referral to a reputable designer and/or landscape architect they have worked with.
- When interviewing electricians, designers and/or landscape architects, make sure they are adept at understanding light reflection, how to prevent glare, and lighting placement in order to combine ambiance and safety.
- Focus on areas such as pathways, entries, driveway, steps, decks and patios, gazebos and trellises as well as architectural features.
- And most importantly hire a licensed electrician for installing lighting, grills and hot tubs so you can focus on having fun and enjoying your outdoor ambiance with friends and family SAFELY!
Protect yourself and your family against electric shock. All outdoor outlets, including garage outlets, need to be 20-amp GFI protected. This is especially important in the Northwest due to wet weather conditions.
Remember that water and electricity do not mix. Check with your local licensed electrician to see whether local permits are needed before installing a spa or hot tub. You may also want to consider adding separate circuits for pools, fountains and hot tubs.
Think how to create safe walkways, staircases and grilling areas. Outdoor lighting not only extends your time outside it can also offer safety.
“Immediate response. Easy scheduling. Courteous. Efficient. Affordable. An appointment was promptly scheduled, and they arrived on time and had all of the parts needed to fix the problem within an hour. Exact Electric staff and electricians are really good at what they do and communicate with you about what needs to be done and why. Very rare find for this type of trade.”
– Amy M.
Leave a Comment